Balancing Safety & Joy
As variants of the coronavirus move around our country, we make changes in our communities in the interest of keeping everyone as safe as possible. Throughout the pandemic, our goal continues to be balancing safety and joy, and we want to take precautionary steps so that we can avoid going into quarantines as much as we can.
All Arbor Company communities follow their respective state and local guidelines, requirements, and direction. Those state and local policies may differ from our company information listed here. If you have any questions about your specific community, please contact your community directly.
We welcome you to visit our communities, and we are fully open to visitors unless a government regulatory entity prohibits or limits visits.
We ask and trust that anyone who has tested positive for an illness, or has codes, influenza, or COVID-19 symptoms, will postpone visits until they are fully recovered.
During times when the COVID-19 transmission level in our surrounding area, based on CDC data, is low, we will no longer require face masks in the community. This includes residents, visitors, and staff. However, anyone who chooses to wear a mask is welcome to do so, and we will have surgical grade masks available if someone needs one.
If the COVID-19 transmission level in our surrounding area is medium or high, we will require our staff to wear masks and encourage masks for residents and visitors.
We believe the COVID-19 vaccines are the best tool available to us to prevent the spread of the virus. We will hold vaccination "clinics" throughout the year, coordinated with an outside provider, and offer them to residents and staff.
Around the Community
Every day, Arbor people use a myriad of tools to combat the virus and focus on resident and staff safety. We created the interactive experience below to give you a glimpse into a few of the actions we have taken in our communities in response to the pandemic. Click the image below to explore and learn more.
Click on image for interactive experience »
Our infection control starts with great processes, based on what we’ve learned throughout the pandemic, along with guidance from experts at the CDC and state and local health authorities. Here’s a look at a few of the processes we have in place:
Committed to Clean
- All Arbor communities use electrostatic sprayers with a food safe and EPA-approved chemical to sanitize surfaces daily and high-touch surfaces more often.
- All staff are trained on hand hygiene practices, based on CDC guidelines. Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the communities.
PPE is in Place
- All Arbor communities have ample supplies of PPE on hand, and we use it every day to prevent the spread of illness.
- Regardless of vaccine status, all staff wear masks throughout the community and we encourage residents wear masks when outside of their apartments or when near a staff member in their apartments.
- During times of more extensive spread in the city, more extensive PPE procedures are put in place, which may include the use of disposable gowns, face shields, and N95 masks, following guidelines put in place by the CDC and state and local health officials.
Entrance & Health Screenings
- Everyone who enters Arbor communities is asked screening questions about their health and symptoms. We also take everyone’s temperature to check for fever.
- The screening procedure is in place for all individuals entering the community, including residents, staff, visitors, essential caregivers, health care personnel, home health, private duty, hospice staff, and others.